What I Learned This Week is hosted by Jo-Lynne at Musings of a Housewife. Go check out her post for this week as well as the other What I Learned This Week entries. If you feel so inclined you can join in the fun by linking your What I Learned This Week post to the bottom of Jo-Lynne’s post.
It’s been a busy week so I learned quite a few things. Here they are for better or for worse:
1. I learned that we have some of the best bloggers here in the Philly area. I love these women because they are fun and generous, and they rock! Thanks Jo-Lynne for organizing the Hebrew National Picnic With A Purpose.
2. Contractors whether they be plumbers, concrete, or window contractors are all pretty much annoying and don’t seem to get the job done in a timely fashion. In fact, they can’t even seem to get quotes in when they say they will.
3. Your child will pick the most inconvenient days to get sick. Like when you want to take him to the blogging picnic to show him off and to teach him a little something about giving back to your community. Yep, my child who rarely gets sick picked the day of the Picnic with a Purpose to get a slight fever, cough, and diarrhea.
4. I’m not the only mommy blogger in my neighborhood. Guess I’m not going to be so Incognito for long. LOL That’s fine with me though. I’m only Incognito for Big’s sake anyway.
5. I miss my family in Jersey. Yeah, I know PA is not that far away but it’s far enough that I can’t see them as frequently as I’d like or be there for the little things like picking my nephew up from school just to spend a few hours with him here and there. Or helping my mom take care of my grandmom. Or frequently stopping in to visit my aunts and uncles who are all getting older and having some health issues. I spent Memorial Day weekend with all of them and it hit home how much I’d love to be about an hour closer to them than I am. And I really miss just being able to spend random time with my mom chatting and shopping like we used to do.
6. I still love to hula hoop. I loved it as a kid and I’ve been doing it a bit this last week and I still love it. I’m also hoping that it helps get some pounds and inches off my waist. Plus, it makes me feel like a kid again.
7. Sunscreen in the eyes burns like heck. This is supposed to be baby sunscreen for God’s sake! Why would you make a product that burns like this? I’m sitting here and my eyes are tearing and burning. I imagine a baby or small child would be screaming in agony about now. It’s inevitable that if you get wet (like from a sudden down pour minutes after applying it) that it’s going to somehow get in your eyes. So, now I sit here and suffer all because today of all days I decided I wanted to protect myself from skin cancer.
8. The people who make the Keurig coffee machine are evil. First you pay a ridiculous price for the coffee machine, then you get hooked on the coffee, and next thing you know you’re paying crazy prices for the K-cups. I bought one of these machines for Big’s birthday and now it’s the gift that keeps on giving (or is that taking? – as in money from our wallet).
I think that’s enough learning this week, don’t you?